Pages

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Independence Day in Texas

This July 4th we decided we should "go big or go home". We went to the big firework/symphony show downtown. There were so many people but it was a lot of fun. We met up with a bunch of my old roommates family (Jill's from SLC) and hung out on the grass listening to music until the show started. The fireworks shot off over the river that runs through downtown and was set to the symphony music. I took video of the fireworks not because I'm a "video nazi" that films EVERYTHING, but because if you look close you'll see how the fireworks reflected off a nearby building- it was pretty neat. Oh and Danelle's reaction to the show was nice too! As for Danelle, she loved the fireworks. She didn't love staying up so late (cranky)- which is a good thing, but once she got over the loudness of the music and fireworks, she sat back and enjoyed the show!


4 comments:

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad your settling into your new home nicely. =)

Andersons said...

Elise - cute cute pictures - you look amazing.

Danelle - You're cute as ever! Keep those rolls coming.

Lane - Yee Haw! Love the hat. Those Texans must love you. :-)

Fordney said...

HELL look at that house!!! I want to sell cheese!! Nice work!

Russell and Jillian said...

Wasn't that awesome?! I'm so glad you came. Thanks for having a fun time with us. There's more where that came from :)

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!