So my sister recommended
this book for me after I started telling her about all the guilt I was feeling about recently not being able to nurse anymore (just dried up) even though I had envisioned going to a full year. So yesterday being a rainy day- I sat around in PJ's all day and read it. I know, I only have one child to take care of but I could totally relate to what was said in this book. It also made me think of how much I love blogging, but I also need to remind myself to keep everyone else's blogs in perspective. Of course we're going to all rave about the wonderful things going on- no one likes a pessimistic blogger. However it can be really easy to compare ourselves to others who we think have it all together.

Now I may not be ready to post pics of me rolling out of bed, or what my house looks like at this very moment, but it just feels good to stop and think for a moment and say- you know what we're all imperfect moms, but we're trying our best.

Truth be told, some days she's in her diaper all day. No hair bow, no bath, no cute outfit or accessories. But then those are the days that I get moments like this video clip... So here's to being a mom!!!!
6 comments:
Amen to imperfection!
Great post Elise! This book is on my list of books to read. And I know there are moms out there who seem like they have everything together, but really, who does?! We're all just learning and growing.
Your sister sure sounds smart. :-)
I LOVE Danelle's laugh...it puts a smile on my face everytime!
I'm totally with you. There are tiems that I'm so sick of cleaning that I just take a day off, and of course that's always the day that someone drops by and I wonder, "Why do I do that!?!" Oh well, such is life...isn't it grand!
What is up with Danelle's ....you know what hanging out ???
so cute! i'll have to get that book...somedays i feel like the worst mom ever!
Post a Comment