Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My Dream Vacation!

Our trip was UH-mazing! Thank you Lane's work for sending us on yet another wonderful (adults only) vacation! I'll try and keep the details short and sweet as to not bore all 3 of our blog readers...

Our trip was to here in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico (it's south of Cancun on the Caribbean Sea). We pretty much did nothing but relax on this trip, and did one sightseeing trip to visit Tulum, one of the Mayan ruins. It sits overlooking the ocean and is breathtaking!
(this one below is off of google images to give you a better idea)
This is a picture I took from down on the beach looking up at one of the temples.

When I say the beaches there were gorgeous, this is what I'm talking about! Screen saver worthy! Lane and I had a blast swimming in the ocean here!
These are some of Lane's work friends that we had dinner with a couple different nights! Such cool people to hang out with.Our daily schedule would go a little like this:
  • Wake up to the sound of the ocean waves
  • yoga (yes Lane did it with me :)
  • room service breakfast
  • lay by pool/beach
  • golfing for Lane, massage/spa for Elise
  • more beach
  • more food
  • and so on... you get the picture!

Ok, no more bragging.... I took soooo many pictures, so family that want to see more let me know!!

10 comments:

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

oh wow! that looks awesome! how does that qualify for a work thing? Do they have any openings?! And what do you do with the little lady while you are gone? To dream the impossible dream...a vacation...and one without kiddos? Sigh...its true I am jealous a bit :)

Russell and Jillian said...

Wow Elise! That looks amazing!!

Helen said...

It looks beautiful there! That's awesome you are back to your pre-baby weight! I have 10 more pounds to go (sigh). It's not too bad, considering I gained almost 55 with Kyla...crazy right?! Where did you get your bathing suit? I love it!

Bailey Family said...

Elise! This is Lindsay Reed from College. We were in the 49th ward at Brentwood together. I hope that you remember me:) I found your blog through other people and I was excited to read what you have been up to. My blog is private but I would love to keep in touch with you so if you want email me your email address and i can send you an invite! Your trip looked amazing and your little girl is a doll! So fun to see that you guys are doing so well. Gosh its been years! My email is Lindsayr_33@hotmail.com

Erin Davis said...

Wow Elise, that looks really amazing! Great pictures!

Andersons said...

You are a lucky, lucky girl! But I'm sure you already knew that. :-)

MeganKalynn said...

you make me sick... I can't believe you got to be in that gorgeous place! Gosh I wish I could have been there!!!

vfg said...

So...pretty much missing Shippensburg, then?

Bryan and Katie said...

I am so jealous!! Bryan and I went there on our honeymoon and we had a blast we went to see all the ruins they were so amazing!! We had planned a trip to go but then found out I was expecting so it will have to be at a later date!! I am glad that you had a great time!! Hope all is well!!

Michelle said...

you lucky dog

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!