Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Everything's Bigger in Texas- Dallas Trip

We took a little trip to Dallas which is 3 hours north east of us. I had no idea just how BIG this city is! The architecture is beautiful downtown, I wish I could have gotten pictures of all the amazing buildings. We ate and shopped at a really neat area called West Village- awesome food, cute stores! We didn't realize that all the hotels would still be so crowded with hurricane refugees up from the coast but everyone we ran into seemed to be in good spirits!
Oh- and as for the "Every thing's bigger in Texas" quote that I had always heard... well it's true! The new Cowboys stadium was ginormous! Not to mention it is the most expensive sports venue ever built! We also happened past the Mary Kay warehouse (they're based out of Dallas) also very big.



And last but not least-

The FATHER OF THE YEAR award goes to....

drum roll please...


We seemed to have a hard time keeping her out of things such as the fireplace, and away from the DVR and TV, so alas... Lane, when asked to "watch" our little girl while I was at the practice for our church primary program came up with this "good" idea. I'll give him credit- it did keep her pretty contained.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I've never been to dallas it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. What a cute family

Helen said...

aaaaaaaahhahahah! Thats totally something Barry would do!

Lulu said...

Hey, as long as they are smiling right?

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!