Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

But she really NEEDS it !

Ok, I'll admit it. I have the dreaded "First Time Parent-my child NEEDS all that stupid crap stuff" disease. Do you think they have some sort of support group for us? I walk into Babies R Us and the thought comes to my mind- how did I ever survive without this!? The latest gadget- the Teething Feeder! Essentially it's a mesh bag that the kid gets to gum/suck food through that normally would be a choking hazard. She's had stuff like bananas, peaches, grapes, strawberries, carrots... etc. and I don't have to worry about whether or not she'll choke on it. She's at the perfect stage for it since she just popped up 2 tooths!!! (when they're as cute as her's are they are officially "tooths" and not "teeth" :) So I'm sure it feels good on her little gums also.

I guess my only "justification" is that I figure the next couple of kids that come along can use it. But I'm sure by the time that happens, I will have wised up and realized just how ridiculous all this stuff really is and there's just no where to put it all!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Actually, I think that is a good buy! That saved my life with the boys! But I do hear you, with this 3rd baby coming around I'm not looking at half of the junk I did the first time around.

Russell and Jillian said...

I saw one of those after Simone was that age and I wondered if it was any good. Looks like it's doing its job!

Emilia said...

Hey Elise,
It is your long lost buddy Emily! Your baby is really cute. I have been thinking about ya lately because I made a new friend that reminds me of you! Lots of changes in my life- we need to catch up!
Love,
Em
Call me-(801) 664-6231

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!