Pages

Friday, April 02, 2010

Tokyo, Japan

Lane and I were very fortunate to get the opportunity to travel to Japan for a week. We spent time in Tokyo, Yokohama, Yokosuka, and Kamakura. We did a lot, and therefore have a ton of pictures, so I will do my best to condense the pictures and summarize!

Typical Meal:
Tokyo: Like NYC but cleaner and nicer. LOTS of fancy stores. Everyone is very well dressed!
Eating Tempura in Tokyo:

Tokyo Tower (much like the Eifel Tower):

Sushi for Breakfast:

Sensoji Temple:
Shopping:


Entrance to one of the shrines:
Watched a preformance here (Kabuki-za theatre): like an opera, by Japenese.



Imperial Palace (where Royal family lives):
The Great Buddha: Kamakura, Japan


Tsukiji Fish Market: Worlds Largest.

Cherry Blossoms: we were lucky to be there during the start of spring!
Beautiful Gardens!

Another Buddha: (the two religions in Japan are Buddhism and Shinto)



Walking thru a bamboo forest:

I may do one more post with a couple other cool Japan pics but I know this is a lot for those other than family! Basically it was an awesome trip and the most culture i've ever experienced!!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! What an awesome trip! That looks amazing!

tracie said...

Looks like a fabulous trip!!! How'd the chopsticks treat you guys?! :)

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

Holy cow! Japan?! How crazy and fun! And without a kiddo! Slightly jealous! :)

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!