WE'RE MOVING! Lane got a promotion (he works for a company called Schreiber) and so in his new position he'll be covering the clients in the South West states like Texas, Arizona, Utah, Colorado...etc.
So...we pretty much get to pick where we want to live- how cool is that -since he'll be working from home and then traveling to those places every so often. We're pretty sure we're going to do Texas for it being central to where most of his business will be (so less traveling) , the cost of living is very good and frankly we both thought it would be fun to live in Texas for awhile! We're both not sure how long we'll be there, i'm sure a couple of years is all though- unless we really love it and decide to stay :) . I'm sure many of you are thinking it's a bit odd that we didn't choose Colorado (or Utah) since we've always been talking about moving there but we figure we still have plenty of time to get to Colorado and for now Texas is a better fit!
As for when we will be moving we will find out later this week. It sounds like we'll take a house hunting trip the first of May and then pretty much whenever we're ready we can move! Danelle seems a little nervous about Texas in this picture...

Here we are celebrating at TGI Fridays. Danelle has been so good when we take her out places, it really makes it so much easier to go out more often! We even brought her little chair with us! She loves to feel a part of the action!
We of course have loved living out here on the East Coast, and especially living in this part of Pennsylvania! It has been so amazing to get to visit several times cities like D.C. NYC, Philly, Pittsburgh, Baltimore just to name a few! And we've made so many wonderful friends that we will miss dearly! 2 years has gone by fast! I'll keep you posted on all the updates of the move!
10 comments:
Awesome! I think you made a good pick! :) I would have picked Texas if I had the choice too (from what I said on the other post). Keep us updated! (and yes, i've been wakeboarding since having kids)
wow how exciting!!! I too would have chosen Texas mainly for the good weather all year round and yes cost of living is lower especially from back east. Well I am excited for you. Good luck house hunting!
I'm SO excited for you Elise! You are going to LOVE Texas, and you picked a perfect area. It's near the hill country and a less humid than Houston not to mention there is a TON to do out there! And one of the best parts...housing is SUPER inexpensive. We are looking at homes here in Utah and I can hardly believe we are paying just as much as what my parents paid for their home at about half the square footage... so sad.
This also means we will get to see you over Christmas (if you stay down there for Christmas). It's only a couple hours away and we would love to visit!
Enjoy!
Emily Rytting (Edmondson)
I still say CO is better but I guess you could say I'm partial. :) Congrats to Lane on his promotion and good luck with the house hunt. Troy's brother and sister-in-law just moved there in December to an area right outside of Austin. It's called Cedar Park and they love it there. We'll be able to visit you when we visit them. Yay!!!!
Congrats! That is so cool. I have always wanted to move around and try out different places, you are lucky you get to! =)
wow. very big morning news!
Congrats! Good luck finding a huge house for very little $$$$$! ;)I would love to move all over the place!
Lauren
Congrats! That is so fun! I have some friends that live in Austin and they love it! I am so excited for you guys!
I am not sad at all that you're moving....because you're coming HERE!!! We will have a blast hanging out and once my knee has healed from surgery, we can rip it up on the volleyball court again :) I am SOOOOOOO excited and I know you will love it here. Can't wait to show you around!
Your lil' cowgirl looks darling in her sweater. :-) And, yes, Ava loved the pasta with spinich.
Let us know when you have a date!! And tell Lane congrats. :-)
Post a Comment