
So this is it- Lane and I are ready to go on our "Baby Shopping Spree". We've made it to within 6 weeks till she'll be here and I think that's about time to start getting some stuff. We need everything from the crib and carseat to all the little things too (like has anyone purchased/used a nursing cover?) So if you have any recommendations on what you loved with your first, or babies in general, PLEASE tell me! I've done some research, but I feel like I still don't know what the good products out there are!!!
8 comments:
ok i am not an expert but I love the baby papisan swing by fisher price. It has been great! I also have a jogging stroller that I have loved! As far as the mommy cover up I just use a blanket and that works just fine, but I have heard a lot of people like it. I will let you know if I can think of anything else. Have fun I love baby shopping!!!
I would definitely say to get a nice front pack, like a bay bjorn, I used ours quite a bit. Also, I would say to invest in a good thermometer. I don't think you need the mommy cover up, but the people I know that have them have liked them. Happy Shopping!
I loved the "Boppy" because it left at least one arm free while nursing. Didn't have the coverup, but the people that did liked it. Modesty kind of goes out the window once you have a kid though :) I also recommend the Avent manual breast pump (around 40 bucks). Tons of people recommended it to me and it was awesome. Loved our swing, and our Graco carseat, and our Fisher Price "Lights and Sound" monitor. Get a pack n'play too, for travelling, going to a friend's house during naptime, and it converts to a bassinet for the newborn stage. Geez, I wrote a lot. I'm sure you'll do fine though. The momma knows best!! I am so excited for you!!!! Please post pictures soon after she's born :)
Elise, I haven't personally used a "hooter hider", but I gave one to my sister and she said it is unbeatable. It's so much less awkward than a blanket. You can see down the baby and it stays up because it wraps around your neck. (The blankets was always a bit hard for me.) Anyway, everyone that has one loves it.
I love all the suggestions- thank you so much! I think my hardest one so far is the bouncer vs. swing (obviously both would be ideal) but each bouncer is a little different in function... man, how will we ever choose a name!! :)
to answer your question about the bumbo, Cooper is just starting to use it, so when ever they can hold their head up on their own or about 3-4 months. I have definantly used my swing tons more than my bouncer, but it is nice and mobile so if I have to go up stairs he is right there with me. Good luck and have fun!!!
Yay for shopping! I would definately suggest the swing over the bouncer.
So when are we gonna see pictures of your baby nursery?
Post a Comment