Pages

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Gunnison Lane McKellar

Born at 7:05am (via vbac)
Friday, Nov. 5th- right on his due date!

Full head of dark hair. Pretty sure it'll get lighter like Danelle's did though.

He really loved getting his hair washed :)

Family of FOUR!
Danelle loved getting to meet him! She was very gentle & protective, and wouldn't even let Lane pick him up :)


Proud big sis



I know some people (girls) like the birth story so here it goes: *feel free to skip, it's long with lots of details for those that wanted it :)

Wednesday we had our check up with our OB. Still no contractions, no dilating so we said we'd wait till Tuesday (a couple days after his due date) and if he hadn't come on his own by then we'd do a c-section then. We had a c-section with Danelle (she was breech) so they couldn't induce me - it was either he came or we'd do a repeat c-section. He was measuring 9 lbs. 5 oz. at that appointment, and my dr. figured I had about a 40% chance of doing a vbac, mostly due to the fact nothing had happened so far and he was getting pretty big.

Sure enough I woke up the next day and had a few contractions but nothing strong or regular thru out the day. I figured it meant I had a few days of this and didn't think much of it. We had my Aunt come spend the night (mostly so Lane and I could go out to dinner though :) Midnight I started to notice some stronger ones, and they were starting to become more regular. But I was of course clueless and didn't want to seem like a wuss so I just waited it out all night, keeping track of them but still not sure if this was "real labor". By 5 am I notice the last 4 or 5 were about four mins apart so Lane said we should head. (I really just didn't want to drive the 30 mins to the hospital, just to be sent home in false labor.) Thank goodness my Aunt was there so we could just walk out the door.

I pretty much started to panic when they were about 2 mins. apart in the car ride and I definitely couldn't talk when I was having one. We got up to labor and delivery and just as they were having me change so they could check me, my water broke. They hooked me up and sure enough I was already at a 6 + & since my water broke I knew I was staying! As they were getting the dr. for my epidural (since we were vbac and weren't sure if we'd end up with a c-section or not it was better to have one anyways) I had 2 or 3 REALLY bad contractions and seriously felt like I was ready to push! They checked me again and I was at a 10! (Is that even possible!?!) Things got pretty hectic and it was kinda a blur but they moved me to the delivery room, gave me the epidural still (oh I loved my epidural), and we're just waiting for the on call dr. to come. (Thankfully he had a sched. c-section and was on his way anyways. My dr was out of town.) I was kinda out of it, but laughed when one of the nurses assured me she could catch the baby if I felt I had to push. Then I realized she was serious though. A few minutes later the Dr. was in the room suited up- thankfully the epidural helped me relax and slow things down enough so he could get there. I couldn't believe it when he said it was time to push already! We'd been there less than an hour! 3 sets of pushes later he was here and on my chest!

Talk about a crazy whirlwind of a delivery! I guess I'm glad it happened quick, and wasn't drawn out, but I imagined this long process being my first "regular delivery"/vbac.
He's happy, chubby and healthy and enjoying our room service at the hospital! Thanks everyone for help, visits and congratulations!

7 comments:

Russell and Jillian said...

Yay Elise!!!! I am so happy for you and looking at all those pictures makes me remember Simone coming in and meeting Tate. Getting a sibling is such a special thing. I can't wait to do it again...I mean I can. Tate's only 10 months! Gunnison is adorable. And Danelle's smile is precious. So excited for you. Texas misses y'all!!!! :)

MeganKalynn said...

I LOVE HIM!!!!!

Emilia said...

Yea! So excited for you! He is straight from heaven! Did you know I am having a scheduled c-section on Saturday? Our boys will only be a week a part. Wish we lived closer so they could play.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! He is precious! What a sweet little chubby guy! Danelle looks so proud and happy! Great birth story! I am glad everything went so smoothly! You guys sure make a cute family!

Erin Davis said...

He is beautiful! Boys are so much fun! Can't wait to meet him!

Belle n Kent said...

I LOVED your story!!! I had the boys via C-section, and I've been wondering about v/backs ever since. Man, you and Jensa...are you guys trying to set the Fast Delivery bar high for the rest of us, or what?! ;)

I love the hospital pics, by the way. How FUN!!!

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

Such an awesome story! congrats! I love the name too! So darn cute! I can't wait to meet him! I am sure Danelle is beyond thrilled having a baby around the house! Let me know if we can help in any way! I could always come get Danelle for a day of girly dressup fun at my house!

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!