Pages

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Oh Canada... and Scotland...

Lane and I got to visit Canada (my first time going there) and I'm pretty sure this is the best time of year to visit! Perfect weather & wildflowers were in bloom.


The hotel we stayed at was styled after a Scottish Baronial castle::

Photobucket We did several different activities such as fly fishing: (Lane was in heaven)Photobucket
Helicopter tour and hiking. They took us up into a secluded meadow (only accessible by helicopter) and we hiked, with a guide since there was no trail, down to a picnic spot where our lunches were waiting!Photobucket On another day we got a private guide (there was another tourist from Scotland also with us) and hiked several miles back up into British Columbia. I could not believe the wildflowers we walked through! We found some pretty amazing spots, and it was fun to not have to follow a trail!
Photobucket
Lane's client, that hosted the trip, had these amazing extravagant dinner's each night. One night, since the town of Banff has a lot of Scottish heritage, they did an entire night themed around this.
Outfits (which I got to keep!) , a bagpipe band, authentic food and entertainment- the works! And yes, Lane is in a real kilt! This night was so neat since we both have a lot of Scottish ancestors!Photobucket
Just another example of the dinners. This night they brought in the Cirque du soleil and had performances in between each of our 4 courses. I was also pulled on stage...no joke... but only to do an improv sort of act... you'll have to ask Lane about it ;)PhotobucketYeah! to another fun stamp in the passport!!!

10 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Holy cow! I didn't know I had friends that led such exciting, international travel-type lives. I love the last 3 posts. The pictures of from your trip are great, but my favorites have to be the ones of you and your little twin (she really does look like you). Also, I love the dance moves. Did you teach her how to get down? I'm with you on the moldings, by the way. I love to build and improve things. We own a skill saw and miter saw that are mine, I got them for my birthday a few years ago! Love reading your updates, just wish I could see you some time!
Love,
April

Erin Davis said...

Ummmm, why do you always get to go to fun places? Not fair.

Sunny said...

Ya. . . . super jealous. Was this for work? How fun!

Andersons said...

What an awesome trip! I love your pictures - gorgeous!!

tracie said...

What a great "business" trip. I'm so jealous. Are you allowed to take friends on these trips under the clients tab?

Bonnie said...

What a fun trip! I just love Canada, it is so beautiful! I love the Scottish outfits, so cool!

Russell and Jillian said...

Oh my goodness! That trip looked amazing! When we have money (we will someday hopefully:) I want to duplicate this trip. It looks gorgeous there! Wow.

MeganKalynn said...

uh may zing! wow! i never knew canada could be so cool!!! =)

Unknown said...

first of all, that trip looks AMAZING! so jealous!

thanks for your sweet note on my blog! :) it's always nice to hear that someone is reading besides...you know...my mom! :) some of my favorite people are in the buda ward! and any friend of a friend is a friend of mine! :)

natalie

Michelle said...

how cool Elise. So all of these cool trips are with Lane's work clients? That's even better.

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!