

I have made this 3 or 4 times now and I really love it so I thought I'd pass it along. I had never used tarragon before, but was pleasantly surprised how wonderful and unique it tastes, yet it's so easy to use! This was the closest picture I could find! I'll take one next time I make it. (Eventually I'll get a recipe blog going with all sorts of good recipes I've tried and other people can put theirs up too!)
Time: About 30 mins.
Ingredients:
3 or 4 chicken breast halves (and I usually cut them in half one more time-too cook faster)
3 T butter
Salt Pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1 T tarragon (it's with all the spices at the store)
1/3 lb. mushrooms
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups water
4 carrots (cut lengthwise)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions:
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 3 T of butter in a skillet, cooking chicken on all sides. *Make sure the chicken is still white, not browned-it doesn't need to be cooked all the way here. Add onion, garlic, tarragon, mushroom and sprinkle with the 1/4 cup flour and stir. Add 1 1/2 cups water and the carrots. Cover and cook (simmer-low) for 15-20 minutes. Remove carrots & chicken. Add the cream and stir for about 5 min. * You can add more salt, pepper or tarragon at this point also.
Now you can serve this a couple different ways. You can put the chicken and carrots on the plate and then let each person add their own sauce on top. I usually just put the chicken and carrots back in the pan. But you can also serve this with rice which I usually do.
Enjoy! And let me know if you try it and like it!
1 comment:
Looks yummy - can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment