Pages

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Padre Island

This week we decided to take a trip down to the beach. It's only about a 3 hour drive to get to Corpus Christi and Padre Island, definitely worth it when you need a little break from the "winter weather" ;) We did a visit to the aquarium while there too and Danelle loved it and the weather was perfect. She just might be ready for Sea World in San Antonio...
Checking out our room with a view.This one is for cousin Dietrich, the Pirate fan. (This was actually a replica of the Nina, one of Christopher Columbus' ships- a lot smaller than you imagined huh!)
On our way to dinner at Landry's- such good seafood! Danelle liked walking "the planks".
Playing at the pool.
The aquarium was right on the water so it had a gorgeous view.
Danelle's favorite was the dolphin show.
Somehow I came up with a shot that looks like Danelle is getting a dolphin kiss ;) down in the underwater viewing room.

Danelle "FEEDING" the very large fish.
She didn't like the sand at first- this was her first time at the beach after all.
Then Lane persuaded her to check out the water...
And then she was off exploring all on her own. She loved the beach, and so did we! Not bad for the gulf of Mexico I must say!

4 comments:

MeganKalynn said...

you convinced me! when can i come out? ... and will lane's company pay for me to visit?! =)

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

You are funny, When I see these pictures I just want to be there, its beautiful. After this storm I am convinced that I need to live in a warm cimate all year round. I am glad you guys got to go on a little get away it looks fun!

Andersons said...

You convinced me too! But talk to me a little more about the shopping...

I love your pictures - looks like you guys had a blast!

:) said...

It looks soooo beautiful there. I really miss the beach. I love the pic of Danelle in her bathing suit. She has such cute little thighs.

"People Watching" love that song by Jack Johnson!!